- All grades will participate in a 50 minute session in the purpose- built music room. Children will sing, dance, perform and learn music theory from prep to year six.
- Private Violin Lessons held at school and ensemble at recess (Age 5 onwards)
- Dance – Fit. A Dance program held during school time for all children as part of the music program in terms 1 and 2 for years 3 and 4 children. This program is funded by the school.
- I Can Dance All children from prep will participate in a term of dance and movement run by a professional dancer with a parent open day to conclude.
- Mini-Fit Students from years 1 and 2 will participate in a term of dance and movement (term 4)
- Choir –Available to year 3 / 4/ 5/ 6
- Recorder. Taught as part of the music program to all year 3 /4 /5 /6 children
- Year 3 string program. Interested students take small group tuition for 3 terms.
- String ensemble More advanced string students meet as a group each Thursday morning at recess.
- Ukulele Taught as part of the music program to year 5/6 students every second year.
All programs are co-ordinated by Traci in the music department. Please call in to discuss these programs further.
may include: Melbourne Symphony Orchestra, Musica Viva in Schools, Alpha pantomime, Alfred Brash Sound-house (Make your own CD)
Performance opportunities include:
- Classroom performance in front of the grade
- Assembly performance in front of the school
- Twice a year Soiree (musical recital night)
- Whole school or 5/6 musical production alternate years
- Dance choreography competition and inter-school competition
- Singing competition
- Public performances such as Federation square, Hampton St Festival
No education is complete without exposure to music. Z.Kodaly.