Our School Council meets monthly and comprises 10 parents and 5 staff who together:
- establish the broad direction and vision for the school
- develop, review and update the policies of the school
- raise funds for school related purposes
- regulate and facilitate the after-hours use of our school
- exercise general oversight of the buildings and grounds ensuring they are kept in good order and condition
- ensure all money coming into the hands of the council is properly expended
- ensure they take account of the views expressed by the school community for the purpose of making decisions in the best interests of the school and our students
- ensure the annual report and school’s strategic plan is published and available to the school community
- stimulate interest in the school in the wider community.
We have an industrious and supportive council who are committed to doing the best for Hampton. They objectively consider matters and carefully consider all perspectives. There is an evident generosity of spirit in the members of council and in the sub committees who work consistently to support our school.