Welcome to the Hampton Primary School website. I am extremely proud to be the principal of a school that has a long history of providing State education and which is so strongly supported by the local community, resulting in the current population of approximately 700 students.
At Hampton Primary School, we strive for excellence in academic achievement and promote the development of the whole child through strong co-curriculum. We educate our students to be enthusiastic, curious learners who know and understand themselves as individuals and productive community members. They are resilient, numerate users of multiple literacies and socially competent.
Our school is purpose built for learning and open to all the community. It has the colour and motion that stimulates and supports learning and a school climate that fosters personal and social growth. Learning takes place through purposeful, structured inquiry, developed in a safe, happy and supportive environment. This contributes towards the development of independent, confident and resilient learners. We aim to prepare students to meet the challenges of an ever-changing global society, where they will have the skills, values, understandings and courage to undertake a positive, productive and rewarding role in that world. Our students leave Hampton Primary School with their heads held high, looking forward to the future with confidence.
Our guiding principles acknowledge:
- The rigorous pursuit of academic excellence
- All students can learn and they learn in different ways
- The importance of rich, varied and challenging student centred programs
- The different emotional cognitive and behavioural stages of development for each student
- Student voice
- Full participation in co-curriculum
- The value of learning environments that foster personal and social growth
- The worth and productivity of team work
- A whole school approach to the pastoral care of our students
- Data informed instruction
- The critical importance of the teacher
- Colour, motion and fun are intrinsic to learning
We have a rich and stimulating visual and performing arts program, and strongly encourage active involvement in the physical education and sport programs. Our instrumental music program includes a school band and a significant number of students receiving private instrumental tuition. Our Language Other Than English program for the junior grades is Mandarin, in recent years we have introduced Italian, French and Japanese for students in the senior school.
I welcome your contact if you wish to learn more about our school or to arrange a visit.